We welcome applications for non-degree status. A non-degree student (also referred to as a special or non-matriculated student) may take up to 30 credits, the equivalent of 10 courses, without pursuing a degree.
Non-degree applicants are required to submit the following in order to qualify for consideration for admission to the University with non-degree status:
- A completed undergraduate admission Non-Degree Application Form
- Official Diploma, transcripts, and certificates of all secondary and post-secondary schools attended. These documents may be sent directly from the issuing institution to Hellenic American College, or the applicant may receive them in a sealed envelope and submit them with the application. The sealed envelope(s) must not have been opened before receipt by Hellenic American College in order for the transcript to be valid.
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- Two current passport-size photographs
- A copy of the applicant’s passport/National Identity Card
Non-degree students who later decide to pursue a degree of Hellenic American University, should petition for a change of status and provide the following to qualify for consideration for degree status:
- The required essay
- Two Recommendation letters
- A non-refundable application fee of €30/$42
A student may change status from non-degree to degree or vice-versa only once. Non-degree students who become degree-students must follow the degree programs in effect at the time they are admitted as a regular undergraduate student.