The Digital Era and Economic Growth: A Panel Discussion
A panel discussion on the effects of digital technology on the economy and society will be held on Tuesday, November 20th, 18:00, at the Hellenic American Union auditorium (Massalias 22, Kolonaki).
The discussion, the 11th in the Dialog for Development series, is being organized by the Hellenic American College / Hellenic American University and the Hellenic American Union, in cooperation with the International Association of European Journalists and the European Business Review.
As the organizers note, the Industrial Revolution was a momentous event that affected profoundly, redirected even, the course of history, marking a radical shift from prolonged economic stagnation of several centuries to sustainable development and the improvement of the living standards for society at the time. The modern-day digital revolution, hailed as a “new industrial revolution,” is the most recent instance of rapid change profoundly affecting the structures of society and the economy. The speakers will be examining the ways in which digital technology can become a catalyst for economic development, and information and communication technologies can provide solutions to the current crisis and help revitalize both the European and the Greek economies.
Discussants on the panel, which will be conducted in Greek, include:
- Thodoris Georgakopoulos, Editorial Director, diaNEOsis
- Andreas Drymiotis, Business Consultant
- Yiannis Caloghirou, Professor of Process, Analysis and Plant Design, NTUA
- Leonidas Phoebus Koskos, President, Hellenic American University
- Michael Masourakis, Chief Economist, Hellenic Federation of Enterprises (SEV)
- Athanasios Papandropoulos, Honorary International President of the Association of European Journalists
- George Christoforidis, Advisor of TIF - Helexpo, responsible for the project “Digital Greece” (Pavilion 12), a project of the Ministry of Digital Policy, Telecommunications and Media
Pre-registration for the event on Eventbrite platform below:
A Certificate of Attendance will be given to participants.
Venue: Hellenic American Union Theater, Massalias 22, Kolonaki
Start Date: 20/11/2018
End Date: 20/11/2018
Starting Time: 18:00
Admission Fee: Admission is free
Image: The Digital Era and Economic Growth