Book presentation: "Aspects of Industrialization 1945 - 2010: A History"
On February 26th, Hellenic American College hosts a book presentation by Antonis Kefalas entitled “Aspects of Industrialization 1945 - 2010: A History”, published by I. Sideris Publications.
The book by Antonis Kefalas, featuring contributing authors Michael Mitsopoulos, Thanasis Papandropoulos, Kostas Strongylos and Antonis Stratakis, presents a concise history of modern Greek industry, which essentially began in the years after the German Occupation. In the first part of the book, the author offers a new perspective on the relations between industry, on the one hand, and the State, banks and trade unions on the other. He argues that political parties have prevented the country’s industrialization and are now ensuring that the process of deindustrialization will continue.
According to the author, industrial activity is a complex and diverse mosaic with specific structural and functional characteristics, and each company says something about the country's industrialization. Thus, in the second part of the book, Kefalas profiles a large number of individual companies, which together make up a microcosm of Greek economy and society.
The book will be discussed by:
- Panagiotis Gennimatas, Honorary Vice President of the European Investment Bank (EIB)
- Nikos Karageorgiou, President of the Greek Association of Branded Products Manufacturers (ESVEP)
- Leonidas Phoebus Koskos, President of Hellenic American University and former President of the National Council of Private Initiative (ESIP)
- Theodore Pelagidis, Professor of Economic Analysis at the University of Piraeus and NR Senior Fellow at Brookings Institution (USA)
- Ioulia Tseti, Chairman of the Board of Directors & Executive Director of UNI-PHARMA
Remarks by Antonis Kefalas, Michael Mitsopoulos, Thanasis Papandropoulos, Kostas Strongylos and Antonis Stratakis.
The discussion will be moderated by Dimitris Vergados, Director of Business Issues, Public and Media Communication at the Hellenic Federation of Enterprises (SEV).
The event is organized by Hellenic American College/Hellenic American University.
Date: Wednesday 26 February 2020, 18:00
Venue: Hellenic American College, Auditorium (2nd floor), 22 Massalias Street, Athens
Entrance: Free of charge
Information: 210 3680052 - www.haec.gr
Image: Book presentation: Aspects of Industrialization 1945 - 2010: A History