Inter Library Loan Services
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is for requesting items that are not available at HAEC Library.
The library uses the interlibrary service to locate and obtain items from libraries in the US and other countries.
May be requested books, journal articles, book chapters, theses, and dissertations.
Any current HAEC student, faculty member, or staff member may access this service.
Step-by-step Inter Library Loan process
- To make an Interlibrary Loan request, first search our Online Catalogue and Online Resources to make sure that we don’t already have the material.
- Then fill out the appropriate form and email it to:
- You will need to make a separate request form for different items you are requesting and provide complete and accurate information to avoid delays in processing.
- An interlibrary loan electronic transaction is usually completed within 3-5 days (for articles received electronically).
- Your requested material will be delivered electronically to your personal e-mail.
- The library will also notify you if the material you have requested is not available.
Placing a request
Interlibrary loan and document delivery: costs and fees
Most requests are filled free of charge.
Any fees charged by the lending library will be passed on to the borrower.
If there will be a charge, the borrower will be notified of the amount in advance and will have the opportunity to opt out of requesting the item.
Document delivery and arrival
Obtaining documents might require something between 2 days and 2 weeks. Extremely urgent research needs cannot be met by the inter loan service owing to postal service restrictions.
You are fully responsible for lost or damaged ILL materials.
Arrival and pick up of Materials
Turnaround time for receipt of most materials is from two days to one to two weeks. However, you should allow 1-2 weeks from date of submission to final receipt due to problems with availability and verification. ILL service is not designed for last-minute research needs.
Renewal, Recall and Return
Loan periods are determined by the lending library, and renewals are granted at their discretion. Call the front desk (210 3680044) or e-mail (
The Library adheres to the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, United States Code, Sections 107 and 108), CONTU Guidelines, the Greek copyright law 2121/1993 and European guidelines. The Library reserves the right to refuse to fill a request if, in its judgment, doing so would violate copyright law. As is the case with all other Library services, patrons are expected to comply with copyright laws when using materials obtained through the Interlibrary Loan System.
Scan & Deliver Service
See something you need in our catalog? Ask us for a digital copy!
Scan & Deliver allows current staff and students of NASHUA and Athens Campuses to request an individual scanned copy from collections held by our Library, subject to relevant conservation approval and copyright permissions.
Free digital scans of University Library Special Collection items may be ordered for personal research use if the material is suitable for scanning and the volume of the request is reasonable.
What items can be requested?
Items you can request include:
- journal articles (two per issue)
- book chapters (two per book, not exceeding 20% of the work)
- special collection items
To request an item be scanned and send to you, please contact us at
Scans are typically sent to you within two-three business days of request.
You can request to print up to 20 black and white pages per day to be picked from the library.
- Printing is available in black and white ink only, on standard A4 size paper. Documents should be uploaded in Word or PDF.
- If you need multiple copies of a document or have other specific requests, please address it to the