The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program at Hellenic American University provides students with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to become competent and responsible managers and leaders in today’s global economy. The program prepares graduates for a wide variety of careers in business-related fields and further graduate studies. The curriculum focuses on the foundation of business principles, such as management accounting, entrepreneurial marketing, strategic human resources management, and entrepreneurial management, before heading to one of the six majors, depending on the area of interest.
The BSBA program can be done entirely online.
Strengths of the BSBA Program
Our program in Business Administration uses a hands-on approach that teaches you the skills you need, whether you’re managing a department or running your own business. You will learn how to develop a social media strategy, create an operations plan for an actual project, put together a recruitment campaign, and handle other real-world management tasks. Program strengths include the following:
- Option to earn a major or minor in one of the following areas: Entrepreneurship, E-Commerce, Project Management, Hospitality Management, Finance, and Marketing & Sales Management. You can also complete the degree with a major in General Business without any specialization.
- Wide selection of electives such as Innovation and Product Development, Social Entrepreneurship, and Venturing in Emerging Economies, as well as specialized topics in business areas such as mergers and acquisitions, conflict resolution and nation branding.
- A flexible class schedule, with afternoon, evening and e-learning courses to accommodate students’ work schedules.
- Faculty mentoring and personal support for your academic and professional development.
BSBA Career Paths
The business mindset you will develop along with the knowledge and the experience you will gain from your business studies will prepare you to follow a career in business as manager, consultant, sales representative, auditor or market analyst, or to start your own business. Additionally, you will have the necessary credentials to continue your studies at the graduate level.
The BSBA Program Online
You can choose to do the BSBA program online in a highly supportive and engaging learning environment. As a student in the online program you'll benefit from the following:
- Courses include a live video session each week, where you interact with your instructor and fellow students.
- You'll work on an eLearning platform that comes with a rich array of interactive features, such as video blogging, blogs, and discussion forums. These tools enable you and your fellow students to exchange ideas and insights with other students and your instructor.
- Personalized guidance from your mentor and technical support if you need it.
The New Business Lab and the B-Cube Initiative
BSBA students benefit from the resources of B-Cube, a new Hellenic American University initiative to enhance students’ ability to innovate in real-life business problems. B-Cube has been developed in partnership with Envolve Entrepreneurship, an entrepreneurship support organization, founded by the Libra Group. The initiative also features the new Business Lab, which houses meeting rooms and open plan coworking space with broadband internet. The Lab is used for break-out sessions, simulations, and team projects for several BSBA courses, including Entrepreneurship and New Ventures and Innovation and New Product Development, both in Fall 2021. In Spring 2022 the new core course on Design Thinking will be using the Business Lab facilities and resources.
Starting Fall 2021, B-Cube will be hosting a program of weekly events such as design challenges, studio sessions, “how-to” business workshops led by expert practitioners and inspirational talks by student innovators. In addition, resources such as business mentoring, networking events and venture coaching will be available to students working on their own start-up ideas. B-Cube will also be subsidizing several summer internships at start-up companies for a selected number of students with an excellent academic record and a demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship.
More about the BSBA program
You will need to complete a total of 40 courses plus the senior-year Capstone Project (121 credits) to earn the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree. Full-time students can complete the program in 8 semesters, while part-time students will need between 5 to 8 years to complete their degree, depending on the number of courses taken each semester. An academic year includes two semesters, each semester running for 15 weeks. Consult the Hellenic American University website for a detailed list and description of courses in the degree program.
Students may elect a minor based on any of the six major offerings – except General Business – as indicated and described above. Therefore, any of the provided majors (i.e., Entrepreneurship, E-Commerce, Marketing and Sales Management, Hospitality Management, Finance, and Project Management) may be offered to and elected by students as minors.
The six minor courses are the six course requirements of any BSBA major.
If you are enrolled in non-business program, you have the option of pursuing a minor in General Business.
Please consult the catalog for more information.
Upon completion of the degree program, students will have acquired:
- A well-rounded foundation in the functional disciplines of business and related areas
- An ability to integrate the various functional areas of business
- Effectiveness in the use of oral, written, and technology-supported communication skills
- Proficiency in the business applications of information technology
- A global outlook and an appreciation of the international dimensions of business
- An awareness of ethical issues and the importance of ethical conduct in business practices
- A broad and deep understanding of their major discipline.
BSBA Research & Hands-On Learning
The BSBA program offers you opportunities to participate in ongoing faculty-student research projects in entrepreneurship, marketing, knowledge management and other business topics. You may also receive support for your own research project. The program also foresees industry field trips and site visits, and provides opportunities to network with practitioners and discuss business concerns with experienced and young entrepreneurs via forums and workshops.
What students and graduates say about the program
I am really grateful for having the chance to receive my education at HAU, a truly American higher education institution. I got equipped with all the tools to be successful in my marketing career, not only through theoretical work, but also through success stories and real-life examples. I also developed critical thinking skills, got over my fear of public speaking and learned how to write professionally. These are soft skills that are often overlooked at the start of your studies but trust me, they are the ones making the difference.1 of 1