We offer a business education solidly grounded in the fundamentals of how companies work – the curriculum you’d find in American business schools. You’ll finish the program equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills—but also the entrepreneurial and innovative mindset- to function effectively in today’s business world.
The BSBA program can be done entirely online.
Strengths of the BSBA Program
Our program in Business Administration uses a hands-on approach that teaches you the skills you need, whether you’re managing a department or running your own business. You will learn how to develop a social media strategy, create an operations plan for an actual project, put together a recruitment campaign, and handle other real-world management tasks. Program strengths include the following:
- Option to major in one of the following areas - Αviation, Engineering Management, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Hospitality Management, Information Technology, Marketing and Sales Management and Project Management - or complete the degree with a major in General Business without any specialization.
- Option to earn a minor in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Project Management and Unmanned Aircraft Systems.
- Wide selection of electives such as Innovation and Product Development, Global Entrepreneurship, and Entrepreneurial Social Media, as well as specialized topics in business areas such as mergers and acquisitions, conflict resolution and nation branding.
- A flexible class schedule, with afternoon, evening and e-learning courses to accommodate students’ work schedules.
- Faculty mentoring and personal support for your academic and professional development.
BSBA Career Paths
The business mindset you will develop along with the knowledge and the experience you will gain from your business studies will prepare you to follow a career in business as manager, consultant, sales representative, auditor or market analyst, or to start your own business. Additionally, you will have the necessary credentials to continue your studies at the graduate level.
The BSBA Program Online
You can choose to do the BSBA program online in a highly supportive and engaging learning environment. As a student in the online program you'll benefit from the following:
- Courses include a live video session each week, where you interact with your instructor and fellow students.
- You'll work on an eLearning platform that comes with a rich array of interactive features, such as video blogging, blogs, and discussion forums. These tools enable you and your fellow students to exchange ideas and insights with other students and your instructor.
- Personalized guidance from your mentor and technical support if you need it.
More about the BSBA program
You will need to complete a total of 40 courses plus the senior-year Capstone Project (121 credits) to earn the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree. Full-time students can complete the program in 8 semesters, while part-time students will need between 5 to 8 years to complete their degree, depending on the number of courses taken each semester. An academic year includes two semesters, each semester running for 15 weeks. Consult the Hellenic American University website for a detailed list and description of courses in the degree program.
In addition to the courses you take for your major, you can select courses to earn a minor in one of several fields.
BSBA Recommended Minors
- Minor in Entrepreneurship
- Minor in Project Management
- Minor in General Business (for non-business students)
- Minor in Unmanned Aircraft Systems
Other minors are available in Sustainability, Psychology, and other areas. Please consult the catalog for information on minors in other degree programs.
If you are enrolled in non-business program, you have the option of pursuing a minor in General Business.
On completing your studies for the Business Administration degree, you will have:
- Acquired the know-how and skills and develop abilities to run a small business venture or manage an organizational business unit.
- Gained self-awareness and developed leadership, decision-making, problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Sharpened your critical, analytical and quantitative thinking.
- Developed strong business written and oral communication skills in English.
- If you are student with a Minor in Project Management, you’ll be prepared for the examinations for the leading international professional certifications in Project Management (PMI & IPMA).
- Gained an awareness of regional and global business opportunities that will help you better design your personal career path.
BSBA Research & Hands-On Learning
The BSBA program offers you opportunities to participate in ongoing faculty-student research projects in entrepreneurship, marketing, knowledge management and other business topics. You may also receive support for your own research project. The program also foresees industry field trips and site visits, and provides opportunities to network with practitioners and discuss business concerns with experienced and young entrepreneurs via forums and workshops.
What students and graduates say about the program
I am really grateful for having the chance to receive my education at HAU, a truly American higher education institution. I got equipped with all the tools to be successful in my marketing career, not only through theoretical work, but also through success stories and real-life examples. I also developed critical thinking skills, got over my fear of public speaking and learned how to write professionally. These are soft skills that are often overlooked at the start of your studies but trust me, they are the ones making the difference.1 of 1