Hellenic American College/Hellenic American University offers a new graduate course, entitled “TESOL Management”, aimed for experienced teachers who wish to develop their careers as school managers/director of studies or existing school managers/director of studies who wish to develop their skills further in their current positions.
The course is offered as part of the Master of Arts in Applied Linguistics-TESOL program but can also be taken as a standalone course for professional development.
This course is designed for TESOL professionals who have made, or who are planning to make, the transition into management in a language teaching operation and need to gain expertise in key areas of the academic manager’s role. The course provides training and development in clearly defined aspects of management such as customer service, human resources, innovation, marketing and finance. Participants will apply the knowledge they gain to plan an initiative in a language teaching operation (LTO).
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to:
- Reflect on and summarize the principles and underlying theories of management in an LTO
- Critically evaluate the relationship between professional/ academic and commercial interests in an LTO
- Apply management concepts and theory to describe management in an LTO
- Apply management concepts and theory to identify a gap/gaps in the practices of an LTO
- Apply knowledge and understanding of management to plan an initiative for implementation in an LTO
- Classes begin: ΤΒΑ
- Classes end: ΤΒΑ
- Delivery mode: Synchronous Online classes (attendance is mandatory)
& possible face-to-face sessions (attendance is not mandatory)
- Instruction language: English