The Library houses more than 35,000 volumes or print resources. The collections cover a broad range of subjects with a special focus on areas in which the University is engaged in teaching and research. There is also a substantial collection of American and Greek fiction, poetry, theatre and the arts.
Additionally, there is a collection of rare and special interest books; these are available by permission for limited use within the Library.
The Reserve Collection consists mainly of print books that are used primarily as teaching materials. Material on reserve cannot be borrowed and can only be used on the Library’s premises. During exam periods and other times of increased demand, you will need to book reserve items in advance; this ensures that as many persons as possible will have access to the material.
The American Library at Hellenic American College provides faculty and students with access to several collections:
- Digital book collections (over 300.000 e-books from two providers)
- Online periodicals databases (millions of e-articles)
- Videos (68,000 titles)
- 360 VR (Now over 170 Virtual reality videos)
- Direct subscriptions to on-line journals (access only at library’s premises and mostly in Applied Linguistics)
- Dissertations/Theses (more than 5 million entries)
Access the Databases on Campus:
- Ebsco HOST includes:
- Academic Search Complete
- Business Source Complete
- Regional Business News
- European Views of the Americas: 1493 to 1750
- International Bibliography of Theatre & Dance with Full Text
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts
- APA PsycArticles
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection
- SocINDEX with Full Text
- Teacher Reference Center
- MLA Directory of Periodicals
- MLA International Bibliography with Full Text
- ProQuest One Academic includes:
Emerald Management eJournal Portfolio
- Springer Computer Science Archives
Archives for more than 100 computer science journal titles in more than 2939 volumes dating from 1971 to 1996 regarding various computer science disciplines.
- EJS E-Journals
(note: these journals can only be accessed and used in house)
Students, faculty, and staff of the Hellenic American College can access these resources remotely here:
You will be asked to enter your LABS credentials. These are your LABS username and password you were given when you registered.
In this section you will also find a list of trusted, open access scientific databases.
- Science Direct * Journals (Arts & Humanities)
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) lists free, full text, quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals, covering all subjects and languages.
- Social Science Research Network (SSRN) is a worldwide collaborative of over 285,700 authors and more than 1.7 million users that is devoted to the rapid worldwide dissemination of social science research.
- Cogprints Leading electronic archive for self-archive papers in any area of psychology, neuroscience, and linguistics, and areas of computer science, philosophy, biology, the physical, social, and mathematical sciences that are pertinent to the study of cognition.
- SpringerOpen is Springer's portfolio of fully open access journals and books, covering all areas of science. The entire content published with SpringerOpen is freely accessible online immediately upon publication.
- Taylor&Francis Open and Routledge currently publish a number of pure open access journals. The articles in these journals receive rigorous peer review and expedited online publication. Authors have the option of publishing their open access article under a Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) license, as mandated by some research funders.
- Wiley Open Access is a program of fully open access journals. All research articles published in Wiley Open Access journals are immediately freely available to read, download and share. The fully open access journals are published in collaboration with authoritative journals and societies as well as supported by internationally renowned editorial board members.