Hellenic American University welcomes applications for non-degree status. A non-degree student (also referred to as a special or non-matriculated student) is one who is not pursuing a degree. Non-degree students are limited to a total of 30 credits (approximately 10 courses).
Non-degree applicants are required to submit the following in order to qualify for consideration for admission to the University with non-degree status:
- A completed Graduate admission Non-Degree Application Form;
- An undergraduate (or graduate in the case of the Ph.D. program) degree from a recognized university with a liberal arts or general education component, or an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution, with at least a B (3.0) grade point average;
- Signed and sealed envelopes containing official transcripts from each college/university (graduate or undergraduate programs) previously attended. These may either be sent directly from the institution, or received by the applicant in sealed envelopes and submitted with the application. The sealed envelope must not have been opened by the applicant under any circumstances in order for the transcript to be valid;
- Evidence of English language proficiency;
- Two current passport-size photographs;
- A copy of the applicant’s passport/National Identity Card
Νon-degree students who later decide to pursue a degree of Hellenic American University, should petition for a change of status and provide the following to quality for consideration for degree status:
- The required essay
- Two (2) recommendation letters
- A non-refundable application fee or €50/$70 (€100/$140 for the Ph.D. program)
A student may change status from non-degree to degree or vice versa only once. Non-degree students who become degree-students must follow the degree programs in effect at the time they are admitted as graduate students.