As part of its research agenda and global outreach, Hellenic American University has sponsored or co-sponsored a series of important research-based conferences intended to address major issues in the fields which comprise its curricular concentrations.
Past Conferences and Colloquia
Prominent among the conferences the University has hosted or co-sponsored:
- Distinguished Lecture Series. Dr. Costas Synolakis delivered the inaugural lecture in Hellenic American University’s new "Distinguished Lecture Series".
- 3rd International Conference “Europe in Discourse: Tracing Identity through Values, History and Borders” (September 2022). The Conference took place on September 23rd-24th, 2022 with participants from more than 20 countries participating onsite and online to discuss European values, borders, and crisis. Special emphasis was given this year to the Russia-Ukraine war.
- 2nd International Conference Europe in Discourse: Agendas of Reform (September 2018). The Conference took place from September 21st -23rd, 2018, and brought together an international audience from different disciplines to talk about the challenges facing Europe and the need for reform.
- 1st international Conference on “Europe in Discourse: Identity, Diversity, Borders” (September 2016). Organized by Hellenic American University in cooperation with Hellenic American College, the Conference explored the discursive construction of identifies in and of the European Union. The Book of Abstracts and Conference Proceedings are available online.
- 10th International Athens Conferences on Project Management Best Practices: Lean and Green Project Management (July 2015). Now in their 10th year, these conferences gather international speakers who offer practical and technical knowledge about getting ahead in the project management profession.
- 3rd Athens International Forums on Security: Challenges and Opportunities for the New Decade (January 2010) These conferences have provided a fresh, in-depth look into information security technologies, policies, techniques, and best practices, affording front-line IT personnel and policymakers valuable insights into key information security issues.
- 2nd International Athens Conference on Translation and Interpretation: Teaching and Researching the Practice: Translation Education, Professional Identity, New Technologies (October 2008), gathered theoreticians, linguists, translators, interpreters and educators from Greece and abroad to discuss issues of translation and interpreting.
- 2nd Athens International Conference on University Assessment: Assessing Quality (October 2007). This was the second of two International Conferences on University Assessment which brought together leading institutional researchers, policy experts, and high-ranking accreditation officers from Europe and the United States in plenary talks and panel discussions.