Free online career counseling for students / graduates of public or private universities19 March 2021, 10:16 am
As part of its public outreach program, Hellenic American College is offering free individual career counseling sessions for students / graduates of public or private universities. The one-hour sessions are delivered online via Zoom and are conducted as a one-on-one guided discussion by the career advisor.
If you are a university student or graduate preparing for the next step in your career, attending a career counseling session is a great way to help you:
- Identify your talents, strengths and weaknesses
- Identify job fields that match your skills, strengths and abilities
- Set relevant and attainable career goals
- Plan the actions needed to achieve your goals, including promoting and improving your personal brand.
How to register
Register through the initiative’s official page, selecting the timeslot you wish to schedule the session for. A member of our staff will then call you to confirm your participation and inform you about the next steps.
- a recent CV of yours
- a personal statement (about 150 words) describing why you want to do the career counseling session, what you expect to gain from it, and what you career goals are. You can submit the material in either Greek or in English.
A few words about the Career Counselor
Dr. Sophia Protopapa is the Director of the Career Development Office at Hellenic American College and a certified career counselor (Global Career Development Facilitator). She holds a doctoral degree in Social Sciences (DSocSci) and is a recent graduate of Hellenic American University’s MSc in Psychology - Specialization in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. Her research focuses on developing job market skills. She is the co-author of Leadership for Kids and Emotional Prosperity - Emotional Bankruptcy: An Inside-Out Approach and the author of Eudaimonia as a way of life: A conversation with Aristotle inspired by the Nicomachean Ethics.