Take Part in the College Leadership Workshop in New Hampshire24 January 2014, 12:00 am
Leadership New Hampshire, in association with the New Hampshire College and University Council (NHCUC), the NH Higher Education Assistance Foundation, Fidelity Investments, Stay Work Play, and the NH Charitable Foundation wishes to invite a select group of college and university student leaders to participate in a one- day leadership workshop in Manchester, New Hampshire on February 22, 2014.
The workshop is addressed to undergraduate students at New Hampshire universities that are NHCUC member institutions. Participants will be selected by their home institution based on their participation in campus activities and roles as leaders at their schools.
Students interested in applying are requested to send a short (300 word) essay explaining what they believe they would gain both academically and personally by attending this leadership conference, and why they believe they should be chosen. Students should provide examples of their leadership and Politis Program of Civic Engagement activities.
The workshop will offer participants the opportunity:
- To meet and establish a mentor relationship with decision-makers and other leading members of the New Hampshire business, political, and cultural communities
- To begin building a network with other college student leaders
- To be introduced to the major social, economic, and cultural issues of the state
- To develop further their leadership skills; and
- To become familiar with the many attractions and advantages of living and working in New Hampshire
During their weekend in Manchester, students will visit St. Anselm College to meet with the other students interested in civic engagement. Students may choose to stay on after the conference to visit other nearby cities at their own expense.
There is no fee for the workshop, meals, or overnight accommodation at a 5-star hotel. Students from Hellenic American University will be hosted on Friday night as well but will need to pay for air and ground transportation.